Lead Manager / Grower I Mexico
WAT HOUDT HET IN?
Would you like to run a flower nursery? Are you in for a challenge and are you a sturdy personality? Do you have experience in leading a nursery, in producing and growing roses, waxflower, lily, gerbera and Leucadendron?
We are looking for a candidate for Dramm Echter Farms in Mexico. Someone who is able to start up a new production location alongside the more experienced manager. The new location will be located 25 kilometers south of the American – Mexican border, near the sea in the area of Rosarito. When the new location is running, it is up to you to take care of cultivation and to run a smooth and efficient production process. We are looking for a:
Lead Manager/Grower Mexico
Growing flowers in greenhouses (4,25 ha + opportunities for growth)
WAT GA JE DOEN?
You take care of an optimal cultivation process in the older established greenhouses and later this year 2021 also in the new – Modernized Richel double poly plastic greenhouse. You grow the starting material, take care of the planting (hydroponic), harvest and crop according to plan. You work with several experienced permanent employees and also with local flexible workers at the nursery. It is also your job to maintain the technical installations: irrigation, fertilization, pumps, aerating technique etc. When crop and production are under control, you are ready for the next step: expanding the location and getting to develop the next location, because the company has plans to expand at the new locale one kilometer further to the north.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
HERKEN JIJ JE HIERIN?
- Previous Experience managing a production team that take care of the crop and harvest;
- Experience with and knowledge of growing flowers in environmentally controlled greenhouses;
- You are a resident of Mexico or the USA or you have a track record of working as a grower abroad and are able to work in Mexico;
- You are fluent in English and Spanish (The language on the company is Spanish).
WAAR WERK JE?
Bob Echter has been running his nurseries in California (Encinitas) and Flower wholesale company in California for over 40 years. Bob has sold these companies to make way for housing construction. He knows which activities are profitable and decided to continue production and sale of flowers. In order to maintain his activities, he has purchased a running nursery in Mexico in Rosarito, where Bob is building new more updated and modernized greenhouses. The current manager on this location is very experienced and will remain active for several years (with Bob as the company owner). Bob runs the company remotely, by phone and mail, and visits the nursery in-frequently or as needed.
The current grower, that was active in Encinitas for many years, will retire. So we are looking for some one with the experience, capabilities and the will to run the business activities independently in Rosarito. If you run the company well, your future in this company is limitless.
WAT STAAT ER TEGENOVER?
- An independent job which can be shaped to your liking and knowledge;
- The challenge to continue the successful company activities on a new location and to make sure that everything on this new location runs smoothly and efficiently and meets the right standards;
- Lots of opportunities to develop yourself in this job and in the future it is possible to become managing director or to take over the business;
- Great salary, a nice place to live, company car, a budget for medical costs, pension and a bonus;
- Potential for Growth.