Project Specialist I Project Leader Greenhouses
WAT HOUDT HET IN?
Do you like to lead several projects within different technical disciplines? Are you the best of making a multi-disciplinary team out of technical experts coming from different perspectives and all with their responsibilities?
If you have any experience or familiarity with the kinds of different mechanical systems that are used in horticulture business? And if you would like to work and live in California, USA, then this might be a fantastic opportunity. For our client we are looking for a:
Project Specialist / Project Leader Greenhouses
Construction, installation technique, welding and machinery; lots of projects to manage
WAT GA JE DOEN?
You will be responsible for the preparation and completion of complex projects on time on several locations. Your project team at the site take care of the engineering and the preparations of the job, but it’s your job that all projects are executed accurately.
You communicate with all stakeholders and colleagues throughout the company, motivate team members and initiate training. And you make sure al assembly teams work efficiently and deliver the right quality. It’s your job to manage the design, construction and commissioning the multiple projects simultaneously. To make the right decisions and to be able to prevent errors in an early stage, you need to have quite some technical knowledge and know when to ask, the right kind of question.
And according to the answers, you make your own decisions and change priorities and agendas of your team. You and the project leader work closely and you report directly to the entrepreneur and director of operations. You participate in meeting or technical- and maintenance meetings.
HERKEN JIJ JE HIERIN?
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of ten years of related experience in multi-disciplinary engineering, building/construction, maintenance, installation technique or mechanics;
- Five years of experience as a team or project leader in technique, production or project management
- Good English skills, Spanish is a big plus and maybe you are open to learning the language
- Embody the core values and culture of the company. We work hard and have fun!
WAT STAAT ER TEGENOVER?
About the company:
This company is a family run business with the ownership consisting of father and son, and close partners. The company is in an aggressive growth phase with new properties being added, and an ever-growing crew. The company started on two locations, and now it has grown to five. The 9.5 ha of greenhouses are not new but have been modernized as best they can be. The fifth location has recently been purchased. This location will be renewed and rebuilt in the spring of 2021. The latest and sixth location will be built new and we expect that the last building permits are issued shortly. The final product will be picked and packed in our modern production and packing Centre, to find it’s way to the specialized stores.
The nursery is located in the surroundings of Santa Barbara, next to the coast of South-West California. It’s a sea climate, warm, with warm winters and temperate Mediterranean temperatures due to the nearby Pacific Ocean. Nearby in the East, you’ll find the Los Padres National Forrest. The Santa Rosa and the Channel Islands are at approximately 40 miles of the coast. You are going to live and work in the Golden State, at 220 miles north of Mexico and at 60 miles of Los Angeles. It’s a beautiful area with lots of things to do.
- A challenging job as a project specialist or leader at a successful and fast-growing greenhouse company;
- The possibility to grow in your role as a team leader or project specialist with multi-disciplinary teams, that initiate and complete all kinds of projects at high speed, with you as their project leader;
- Working and sparring with your colleague and entrepreneur;
- Great salary, a nice place to live, company car, a budget for medical costs, pension and a bonus.
Due to the coronavirus, it’s difficult to start this job in America. Our client is aware of this problem. Still, he wants to post this vacancy. Interested candidates, can contact us for more information about the company and crop. We will arrange a video call with the employer. When the restrictions are lifted, you can visit the area and the company. And when you’ve agreed, it’s possible to start quickly.